Initial Research Questions
Terminology will be defined as we start the project-terms such as engage, collaboration etc.
We will also have to learn how to measure them.
Time and Size of Encounters:
- What is the optimal amount of time for encounters?
- What is the optimal size of groups for encounters?
- What time of the day seems to work best for the encounters?
- Are there experiences that elicit more joy for elders? Children?
- Which experiences elicit the most joy for the group?
- Why? What is it about these experiences?
- Does the energy change and linger? For how long?
Staff and Participant Engagement:
- What is the optimal staff engagement throughout various experiences?
- Does engagement differ across experiences?
- If so, why?
- What types of preparatory conversations, professional development, and reflection optimize encounters for all participants?
- Do reflections inform the experiences of future engagements?
- What materials elicit meaningful interactions and dialogue?
- Children’s books?
- Adult books?
- Personal photographs?
- Sharing personal life stories?
- Sharing meaningful objects?
- Sharing Jewish ritual objects?
- How does an intentionally planned environment impact encounters between children and elders?
- How do aesthetics impact interactions?
- How do surprises in the environment impact participants?
- What are the participant attitudes towards other groups in the program at the outset?
- Do attitudes change throughout the program?